The professional qualification consists of ten exams including a final case study. You also need to gain three years of practical work experience.
You will gain expertise in three main areas:
• management accounting
• business management
• financial management.
The three exams at this level introduce students to contemporary business subjects like ethics, forecasting, reporting and marketing, from an operations view and includes
E1: enterprise operations
P1: performance operations
F1: financial operations
The three exams at this level focus on subjects like project management, relationship management, analysis of financial accounts and budgeting.
E2: enterprise management
P2: performance management
F2: financial management
The three exams at this level build on previous knowledge and cover change management, performance evaluation and strategy implementation and managing financial risk.
E3: enterprise strategy
P3: performance strategy
F3: financial strategy
Test of professional competence in management accounting (T4)
T4 consists of two parts: you must complete three years of relevant, practical work based experience and you must pass a final case study exam where you apply your knowledge to a business problem.
1. We advise students to pass the operational level paper before attempting the management level paper in the same pillar.
2. However, it is possible for students to study and sit an operational paper in one pillar and a management paper in another pillar.
3. Students must pass all operational and management subjects before attempting the strategic level.
4. The pass mark for each operational and management level subject is 50%. Permanent credit is awarded for any paper where candidates score 50% or more.
5. Students who pass all three operational level papers will be awarded the CIMA diploma in management accounting.
6. Students who pass all three management level subjects will be awarded the CIMA advanced diploma in management accounting.
7. Exams sittings are held twice a year, in May and November, at centres around the world